Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The DERP Files: Auburn fans jump through hoop, display stupidity while promoting positive image


I couldn't resist putting that photo up and will probably prompt the removal of me from my position by uptight humorless sychophants.

Dale Jackson, talk show host on WVNN, tweeted that a source had informed him a story was supposed to break in regards to Auburn:

: Huge Cam Newton story breaking tomorrow... Kick ass. You heard it here first.

Now giving my experiences working with Mr Jackson, he is the master of what we kids like to call "The Troll". And I have to admit, it was hilarious to watch. As for sports journalist would cringe because they feel someone is trying to make an insult of their profession, lighten up.

You and I know that we see this on a daily basis. As for the tweet, if I had 100% trust in my source that it was factual, I would have done the same thing.

Auburn fans have had to endure the jokes and the accusations with no merit for nearly 2 years, I get that side of it. However, when you want to fight "the good fight", you seem to have the tendency to go full retard. Let's be honest.

Here's an example:

Phil McCrevis: @kickbackmiami
If you'd like to have an impact on show call & complain to wvnn's sponsors regularly!

Now doing my research.....ah who am I kidding, working with Mr. Jackson as long as I have in the political environment, he has said many things and many people have tried to pressure his sponsors into getting him fired. Guess what, he still survived. An Attorney General tried to put him in jail for a prank that proved the excaserbation of ignorance and stupidity in our society, he failed.

"Okay Jason, but we got Scott Moore over a 97.7 The Zone fired for his accusations"

Removing Scott Moore from a radio station is like removing William Hung from a talent show. Sounds mean, but I'm just being honest.

The simplest thing to do was just laugh it off until the story developed to it's critical mass or just went away. But that's just too easy right?

Here's some brutal honesty for you. If you ever read a message board, comment page on al.com, or listened to Paul Finebaum, someone always says there is a bias and they're out to get their team. That is 3 examples of "going full retard".

The story in question turned out to be in regards to a $200 handshake between a Mississippi State booster and a DB prospect. The 7 on 7 coach in Nashville ratted them out. So noooooow Miss St wants to pay players....okay couldn't resist. The Trovon Robinson grade changing story in Memphis is still floating out there. It sounds, on the outside, like it's been resolved and Robinson has been ruled inelgible. We'll see if anything develops.

Back to the subject at hand. If there was a saying that "The only reason people continue to pick on you because of the way you react to it, they're probably going to continue." I'm a little different and just tell you you're acting stupid and just laugh at you when you act stupid. You hear me Never To Yield Foundation? The Al-Qaeda of college football? Yeah, I said it. In your eyes, you maybe fighting the fight for the greater good. In my eyes, you look like a bunch of fools. Again, there's a difference between promoting a positive image and presenting a positive image. Some Auburn fans, along with fans of other fan bases, can't seem to grasp that concept.

To me it looks like you're presenting a foolish image while trying to promote a positive image. So to the sane Auburn fans, I know they're out there, when you see one of your own going full retard, slap some sense in them, then you'll be presenting the positive image while promoting it as well.

War Eagle!