Thursday, February 20, 2014

LET THEM EAT PASTA, DAMNIT!!!!!

I know it's the fun, hip thing to rip the NCAA for lack of teeth to punishment, so on, so forth. But this next story just sets up for ridicule.

The University of Oklahoma self reported NCAA violations in regarding to hotel wifi, impermissible texts, and PASTA!



The funny thing I find about this, actually two things:

1) The violators were offensive lineman. I'm curious what the ration is in regards to pasta at a banquet. Is it one plate? Is it two scoops? And who the hell monitors this and why is it a violation?

2) In order for these players to get reinstated, a donation of $3.83 to their favorite charity was required.

Couldn't imagine how much it would have been if it had chicken in it.

As much as I oppose the paying for players because they get an educational benefit for playing in college, stupid rules like this by the NCAA makes it harder to argue against it.

Why would I want to play college football if my ineligibility will be in question over how much damn pasta I'd eat. It wasn't a Porterhouse steak for crying out loud.

Good job NCAA, you have once again proved why no one takes you seriously and why you're the punchline of most college headlines.

No comments:

Post a Comment