Saturday, March 30, 2013

Marketing 101.....Destroyed

I'm not saying I'm mad at Tony Romo for signing a $108M contract with the Dallas Cowboys. However, I have to ask if he's really worth it. When defending me, I don't mind having my intelligence insulted. If your argument is that Jerry Jones was stuck between a rock and a hard place and had no other options in the draft or free agent market, okay then your insult would be more valid.

That wasn't Darrell's argument today, which was about as good as his very lame comebacks. Doug Gottlieb would have thought they were lame.

I was looking forward to a mindblowing explanation that would have really made me re-evaluate my IQ level. However, like Tony Romo, the snap was botched and he dropped the ball. In my profession I've been told never to "drop to someone's level". I've disagreed with that philosophy as I like to drop to their level and show them how it's really done.

"Marketing 101"

If I had to admit a mistake, it would have been that I explain to Darrell (because he was so intelligent he would understand) that the Dallas Cowboys sell themselves and the explanation of Tony Romo sells tickets would be invalid. Guess what Darrell, just like your insult jokebook, it failed you. Dallas Cowboys alone sell themselves and America watches them to succeed or fail, with or without Tony Romo. Tony Romo just happens to be a punching bag, not the main attraction. The DeathStar that Jerry Jones built is more of a marketing attraction than Tony Romo (also see Cowboys Classic, NCAA Elite 8, WWE WrestleMania, etc. for more examples to back my point). Jerry Jones paying a QB Joe Flacco money (still weird to say) for 10 years of mediocrity and one playoff win seems very unwise.

As for Allen Iverson, which shot 40 times and made on 15, which is higher than Darrell's insult success percentage, was actually more of a valid argument than Tony Romo, because he actually got the 76ers closer to an NBA Championship. So I would say he was worth the money for his success on the court, not just marketing.

BOOK 'EM DAN-O!!!